We’ve been receiving calls and emails asking for more information on the Meyers Cocktail. If you are interested in learning more, please read below.
BTW, the picture below is the entire kit. No IV poles and no metal needles are used. The “red ball” is under presure and delivers the cocktail while you wait in our quiet room in less than 30 minutes.
To set up an appointment for your Meyers cocktail or other formulation please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 954-450-2626.
What is the Myers’ Cocktail?
This formula is an intravenous (IV) vitamin and mineral treatment containing magnesium, calcium, selenium, B vitamins, vitamin C that can be effective in so many common conditions. Furthermore it bypasses absorption issues which many patients suffer from. IV nutrients achieve serum concentrations not obtainable with oral or even intramuscular administration.
Due to saturation of intestinal absorption and an increase in clearance by the kidneys oral dosing reaches a limit of concentration in the blood. For instance, increasing oral vitamin C by 1200% from 200 mg/day to 2,500 mg/day increases plasma concentration by only 25%.
Delivery by IV however administers a plasma level of the nutrient almost 10 times that of oral. These doses are often needed to have an effect with an illness such as a viral infection. For instance, the antiviral effect of vitamin C has been demonstrated at a concentration of 10 to 15 mg/dL, a level that can be obtained by IV but not oral dosing.
The Myers’ Push takes from 15 to 30 minutes to administer and is quite safe. Patients may notice a slight flush in the chest and/or face, and sometimes patients feel it in the legs as well which indicates an increase in blood flow to the area. Patients may also notice a slight metallic taste as the minerals pass through the circulation of the palate.
Ingredients in the Myers’ Cocktail have been shown to have the following effects in the body:
· Vitamin C reduces histamine by 72% at a concentration of 88mg/dL having a beneficial effect with allergies. Vitamin C and vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid) are stored in the adrenal glands which are responsible for maintaining energy levels throughout the day.
· Vitamin C at 10 to 20ccs boosts immunity and is helpful in treating viral and bacterial infections.
· Magnesium relaxes smooth muscle both in the lung and circulation that may have beneficial effects on asthma, hypertension and angina.
· IV magnesium has been shown in studies to relieve the pain of migraine headaches within 15 minutes and also to completely relieve symptoms of photophobia, nausea and vomiting. Magnesium has also shown to benefit sufferers of CFS in that they notice decreased pain, improved emotional state and reduction or complete elimination of fatigue. Magnesium, along with calcium, vitamin C and B vitamins given IV or IM showed improvement in 74% of sufferers of fibromyalgia and myofacial pain.
· IV calcium has been shown to be beneficial in relieving the symptoms of asthma.
· Selenium aids in detoxification of heavy metals.
· B vitamins in the IV solution may have an effect on energy levels.
In a study reported in 2007 a modified Myers’ push was given once a week for 8 weeks to 7 treatment-resistant fibromyalgia patients. At the end of the study, all reported increased energy levels within 24-48 hours after the infusion. There was a 80% decrease in fatigue, a 60% reduction of pain and increased activities of daily living.
Migraine Headaches: In another study, pain reduction of 50% or more was observed in 35 of 40 patients receiving IV magnesium. Those with lower serum levels of magnesium experienced pain relief that lasted at least 24 hours.
Additional ingredients may be added to the Myers push. As an example, adding up to 10cc of vitamin C along with hydrochloric acid can stimulate white blood cells and greatly aids the body overcoming colds and flus. These additive are sometimes called “Myers’ Immune” or “Myers’ Anti-viral” pushes.
Through the use of additives, the Myers cocktail can be modified specifically fit your condition or symptoms.